Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Growing up Child

Growing up, now there is a subject as a kid I loved to think about. We all want to grow up when we are a kid, and when our parents mention the fact we had better enjoy our childhood while it lasts, well, we scoff. I know I did, I wanted to grow up so bad that I never considered the fact when I reached that point, I’d honestly want to be a kid again. When we are children, we never really consider the fact when we grow up we’ll have to pay bills, work, and tend the house. Growing up to us is like getting to reach things on the top shelf, not having to go to bed at a certain time, and of course getting to do more “grown-up things,” but is speeding through a childhood without enjoy it really worth growing up. If I could go back, I would most certainly take the time to enjoy the world as a kid – instead of constantly wanting to be a “grown-up”. Now that I am an adult, turning 18, I hate having to be an adult. Where did all the fun go? It turned into work, bills, and constant stress! I don’t think I can stress enough to young kids to just enjoy being a kid.

I never thought, growing up, that’d I would be the one spoiling all the fun by telling a youngster to just
“cool their heels” that growing up will come soon enough. When they finally get to the point of being an adult, they’ll regret not living as a kid – it is just the era, kids for centuries have been excited to grow up and ignored the fact being a kid has its benefits! I mean when you are a kid, your parents pay the bills, feed you, cloth you, take you to school and you don’t have to worry about a thing. Once you pass the age of being a child, you have to start fending for yourself. That is when the fun diminishes and it comes down to being stressful everyday work.

No comments: